This is what I call my “Cadillac” of my stash. I love this diaper, its so absorbent and holds everything in that you do not want to come out! Thanks to its unique inner gussets it traps all of the nastiest inside and in the middle instead of all over. Not to mention the first thing you will notice about these diapers is how squishy and lovely they are.
As you can see from this picture what exactly I am talking about. I simply love how this diaper is made. The opening to stuff is alittle small but thats not a problem. The colors and patterns to choose from its insane. I was having problems with choosing “Gumball” and “Amethyst” These diapers typically run from 23.00-25.00 for the pockets. You can find sales every once in awhile for either free shipping or 10% off which makes the price alittle more bearable. It seems like a lot but it is a one size so it will fit your baby for a long time and they are very well made.
I love these these diapers…I have read that there have been some TPU separating on certain diapers from a time period. When this happens I have heard you have to go through hoops to get it replaced. So far I have not had any problems with that *fingers crossed*. I highly recommend purchasing at least one of these for your stash!
My final grade for Rump•a•rooz is A+
- Sooo unbelievably cute
- So soft
- inner gussets
- great design
- size small may fit baby from birth
- Price, they are a bit pricey but you get what you pay for. Sometimes you can find one on diaper swappers for a couple dollars cheaper and in good condition.
- They run a bit small size wise but still fit my 23lbs 1/2 year old girl comfortably.
- All of the complaints about people having bad luck with the TPU separating but I have yet to experience this, and if you buy from a confirmed retailer you have a 1 yr warranty.
Alright here is my review on FuzziBunz I received these through another bargain website called Eco Baby Buys. I got a package of two for $21.00 regular I think 17.95 a piece so it was a good deal, if you keep your eyes peeled you can find these deals, you just have to be patient and this website Baby Deals Dujour has a list of most of the bargain websites and what their deal is at that moment, its very helpful! Anywho, these are a good diaper. I like the fit and they are very easy to put on and take off. The only problem I have really had was the PUL from my green flowery one separated from the fabric, which I think was my fault because I used bleach to try and get out stains, my advice do not use bleach! I learned the hard way. I love the inserts to these diapers, very absorbent and they are dependable. I even use them on my daughter for bed time, I stuff it with two inserts and use a BumGenius doubler and works perfect, no leaks.As you can see where as the EcoBumz did not have the stitching around the legs these do so it keeps all of the inner fabric on the inside, so that means no leaks. I personally suggest buying a couple of these diapers, they are trusty and many moms and dads agree. The inside gets a little piled but not bad.
Over all I give these diapers a A-
- Bright colors and prints
- Trusty, great night time diaper. My daughter is a somewhere in between wetter, not too heavy, but not light. These diapers last her a full night, no problem, I just use a Hemp babies doubler and a thick heavy duty insert.
- You can always find a sale on FuzziBunz, or find them on bargain websites for half off. I would at least have a couple of this brand in your stash.
- Fits very well along legs and waist of my daughter.
- The inside stains alittle too easily for my liking, but usually suns out after a few hours, at most 2 days.
The inside PUL on the inside of my red one is starting to separate, but it still has some life, and the inside of my green daisy one completely separated. However, I think it was my fault.
Alright, my first review will be the very first diapers I have ever used EcoBumz. I recieved these off from a bargain website called Mama Bargains. They are a website that has items that go up a few times a day with up to 60% off the retail price. They were $27.00 diapers that were up for $12.00. I just caught them by chance and quickly ordered 4 before they ran out to give cloth diapering a try. I had so many questions before receiving them in the mail. What to do with the inserts, do they go in the pocket or directly between the baby and the diaper? How to wash, what to use? Well since these diapers are organic, and bamboo the prepping takes alittle longer than lets say a FuzziBunz. You have to break up the natural oils or your diapers will leak. Its recommended to wash abou t 7 times, and dry about 4 of those times.
When I got these diapers in the mail, I noticed how soft and fluffy they were, I was excited to give cloth diapering a try and I got them all washed and prepped it took me all day but I did it 🙂 I went out and bought a pail to put the dirty diapers in and some Tide Free and Clear. Well, the first night we put my son in them they leaked all over the place, and same with my daughter. I looked up to see what I did wrong. As you can see by this picture…
The natural liner (bamboo on the inside) has to be tucked all the way around because for some reason they did sew an extra stitch around the legs so keep everything from moving around, you will see what I mean when you see pictures of the BumGenius and others. So its a process to make sure all of the inner lining is not showing, a process I have grown to hate. Needless to say, I was looking at how much it would be to purchase a dozen of these diapers because our taxes were coming in soon and I wanted to cloth diaper full time. I am glad I didn’t a bulk supply. This is what I mean when I say when starting out don’t get all of the same kind, because if I would have got all of these I probably would have stopped cloth diapering all together. Anyway, I don’t hate these diapers but I don’t love them. They are soft and trusty during the day and around the house, but after a year of using them the liner is starting to get thin like an old tee shirt. The Apix one doesn’t have laundry tabs on it, which makes it a pain because the diaper chain and the snaps are exposed to the baby’s skin which is not really a plus. As I said though around the house they are a trusty diaper, just not one of my favorites, mainly because of the design. Right concept the diaper itself just needs tweaking.
Overall I give these diapers a B-
- They are oh so soft
- They are for the most part reliable, no major leaks or wicking
- No problems with the PUL
- No “extra” stitching around the legs to keep the bamboo tucked inside
- Wing drop, no extra snaps to hold the “wings” so they don’t drop down
- Customer service was something to be desired. I think the company did some rearranging and I haven’t ordered anything since, so it might have improved. I hope so.
- Very expensive when I purchased, 27.00 regular, but since they feature a new design the price has dropped.